Sunday, March 14, 2010

Determination and Resolve - Update


[UPDATE] I believe that I should have provided a little more set up for this picture. It is possible that my intent was misunderstood.

There are two pictures of Becky that come to mind when I think of her. Both are very positive and inspiring. One is a picture of her sitting on the stairs at our home in St. Charles, IL., many years ago. She was in her little pink swimsuit holding an open pink umbrella sharing her beaming smile. The look on her face was radiant. She was on top of the world. I don't know why this picture comes to mind each time I think of Becky but in a way, it seems to sum up Becky and her energy.

The other picture that comes to mind is a picture taken (shown) in the aftermath of 4-wheeling accident. I remember Becky and I joking about being tough and she struck this tough girl pose. The more I look at it, the more it has come to represent her resolve and determination. Becky is a scrapper. In spite of challenges, she continues to move forward with great purpose.

So, this picture was a way of saying that I admire Becky for these aforementioned qualities.

2 comments:

Stephanie Boizelle said...

Despite her determination and resolve, I'm sure she's going to love the fact that you posted that picture online.

Rebecca said...

Hahaha. I hope I look a little better than that after scraping through!