Saturday, April 12, 2008

Training on the Bike

I am back to a more regular bike training regimen. I am preparing for the MS 100 that takes place in June in Illinois. Last year, I completed the 100 mile ride in a respectable time. The weather conditions however, were awful; mid-50's and rain most of the ride. I rode on the BP (British Petroleum) team organized by Bill Hall. There were quite a few old friends with whom I rode when I lived in Illinois.

I have a few goals this year. The first is to lose 15lbs. Second is to ride 125 mile a week. The first goal will be accomplished largely via the second goal. The second goal will be made easier by working on the first goal! The third goal is to reach and maintain an average speed of 19 miles per hour.

Achiveing these goals will be very tough in that I travel. This means that I will score most of these miles on the weekend. I will do what I can on the rode at hotel fitness centers.

(Editor Note: I was not able to participate in the MS ride. Spring weddings, graduations and other excuses made scheduling this ride difficult. I have a new ride planned for Glacier National Park in August)

1 comment:

Erik said...

Good luck! I hope I don't find the weight you lose.