Friday, January 23, 2009

Update on Ben


Sister Joyce, the wife of Ben's mission president, occassionally sends us pictures of our missionary following a mission activity. Ben is pictured here with his new companion, Elder Snyder. I believe that Ben is training Elder Snyder. He is currently serving in Layton, Utah.

Ben often has family sightings and chance encounters due to so many relatives living in and around areas in which he has served. Ben wrote to us this week that his sister, Lauren, drove past him the other day in a relative's truck. She honked and honked as she drove by. The honking is not out of the ordinary. Lots of people do that but he did take notice this time. Ben commented in his letter, "Yes, I recognized Lauren as she drove by. I told my companion that I thought it was her. I was odded out by the truck. That thing must dwarf her! My spiritual sense is doing better. Soon, I will be able to recognize family from a mile away or more."

Ben also had an interesting experience the other day that was bound to happen. The Boizelle family lived in Fruit Heights for 2 years before moving to Arizona. Fruit Heights is in his mission boundaries. Ben had a number friends in his age group. He wrote, "So I met Joe Stephenson (from Fruit Heights). He gave me and my companion a ride, and later, (it was dark) as he dropped us off, he asked us our names, and when I said my last name, he turned around and said "Ben!?" I said yes, and we hugged. He just got back from a mission somewhere. It was good to know that people still remember you from so long ago."

Ben says that his missionary work is going well. I believe that Ben truly loves his missionary work. He is serving faithfully and will return with honor.

No comments: