Friday, January 23, 2009

Tour of Tucson Results are Now Official

(Disclaimer: I am probably making a big deal about this because of mid-life crisis issues)

The Tour of Tucson results are now official and posted. I can share my official results. I don't know why it took so long for the times to become official but there must be some inaccuracy in the tracking system.



The picture above is from the Tour newspaper and shows the group of 1210 riders that competed in the 67 mile event. Of the 1210 riders, there were 30 tandem couples. These tandems are great to have on the ride. You can get behind them and cruise. They break so much wind.

My official overall placing was 95. ( I moved up 13 spots since the unofficial results were reported). I finished with a time of 3 hours 41 minutes. I placed 30th among those riders that were between 50 and 60 years old. Not bad for an old man.

3 comments:

Erik said...

Way to go! Number one next year???

Dave Boizelle said...

I think a top 30 finish is very possible.

Jon Boizelle said...

Nice finish Dad. And with a damaged hand too. I hope you get that top 30 finish next year. I wonder how many 30 year-olds you trashed.